National Service Scheme (NSS)
NSS was started in our college to develop student’s personality through community service. This is a voluntary association of young people for a campus-community linkage. Its cardinal teachers through their combined participation in community service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of National building.
NATURE OF NSS:
- This is a social service scheme meant for students.
- Sponsored by ministry of Human Resources development, dept. of Youth affairs and Sports, Govt. of India for the students.
AIM OF NSS:
- Service through Education.
- Personality Development through service.
OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
- To arouse the social consciousness of students.
- To work creatively and constructively with the people around the Educational campuses.
- To develop the sense of respect, social and civil responsibility.
- To promote spirit and scientific attitude to others
- To fight against evil practices.
- To develop capacity to need emergencies and natural disasters.
- It is based on the “ RATH” Wheel of the Konark Sun temple.
- It is embossed on the NSS Badge.
- The Konark Wheel in the symbol has 8 bars.
- Bars represent 24 hours of the day.
- Red colour indicates that the NSS volunteers are full of blood
- The college has three units. Each unit has hundred students i.e a total of three hundred students of NSS with three programme officers.
|Chairperson||Dr.K.Jhansi Rani , Principal|
|Programme Officer||Dr.K.Kiranmai Unit – I|
|Programme Officer||SMt B.Ramani Unit-II|
|Academic Coordinator||DrJ.Saritha Unit-III|
|Office Administrative Staff||Mr.Satyanaryana|
|Dr.C.P.Vardhani||National Award Indira Gandhi National|
|Lecturer in Physics||Award for best Programme Officer|
|Ms.P.Rajyalakshmi, HOD, English||State Award “Best Programme Officer”|
|Miss Surya Meghana||State Award “Best Volunteer 2016”|
Students participating in National Camps and Programmes
|Ms.G.Sandhya Goud||Megha Camp from 5th September to 16th September 2014 at Jan Vishwa Bharati Institute, Ladnun District, Nagour, Rajasthan|
|Ms.Manisree ,B.Com||Participated in National Adventure Training Camp held from 30th Sept to 9th Oct 2015 held at ABVIM & AS, Manali Himachala Pradesh State|
|Ms.Sumathi B.Sc (BZC)||Karnataka|
|Ms.Surya Meghana B.Sc (BZC)||Telangana|
|Special Camps||Adopted Villages|
|7th to 13th Feb 2015 – Unit – I & II||Edulabad Gatkeshwar Mandal & Merrireddy Palam Gatkeshwar Mandal Hyderabad|
|17th to 23rd March 2014
Summer camp Unit I & II
|1st to 7th July 2015
|Osmania University Faculty Club|
|Aids awareness Programme||2012-13 (AP) to till date 2020|
Rallies on Haritha Haram Rallies on AIDS Awareness
Rallies on Environmental Issues
|2012 to 2020|
|Swatch Bharat(AMS)||2012 to 2020|
|Pulse polio Programme||2012 to 2020|
|Floods Relief Programme||2012-2020|
|Door to door campaign||2012-2020|
|Child labour eradication||2012-2020|
|Drug abuse and illicit TrafficKing||2012-2020|
|BREAST CANCER AWARENESS||2012-2020|
- To enable the students to understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems in the community for the solution of which they can be involved.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To apply their education in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- To develop compliance required for group living and sharing responsibilities
- Grain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To acquire capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters
- To practice national integration.
- NSS Report 2020-2022