The Institution believes in Empowering Girls through Physical Activity which will form a valid part of lifelong learning. Recognizing the fact that Physical Health is an important as Academic Health for Girls, we encourage them to participate in all kinds of Sports and Games. The Department of Physical Education, Headed by Dr. M. Sridevi, M.A, M.P.Ed, M.Phil, Ph.D in the year 1998.
The College has ground Facilities, Students to play Outdoor Games like TenniKoit, VolleyBall, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Throw Ball, Indoor Games like Chess, Carroms, Table-Tennis, etc. A well Equipped Gym has established by the UGC Funds. Training in Martial Arts like Karate is also available for interested students.
Our Department of Physical Education is conducting one month Certificate course in Yoga since Ten years ie 2006-2016. Our students participated in all the above mentioned games at the Inter Collegiate, All India Inter University, and Nationals, won laurels in the form of Gold & Silver Medals. To further encourage this trend, the college has successfully built a very good Basket Ball Court with the encouraging support of the Management and generous grants by the UGC.
AMS Arts & Science College for Women, is Organizing The Osmania University Inter College Tournaments for Women in different events like Caroms, Kabaddi, Tennikoit, Hand Ball, Kho-Kho, Badminton and Yoga, since 18 years ie 1998–2016 continuously, it is the great achievement by our Department of Physical Education.
Our College has NCC open Units of Navy and Army wings since Ten Years from 2006 to 2016. Dr. M. Sridevi, Head Dept. of Physical Education is ANO In charge for NCC. We have 40 No of Cadets for the Academic year 2016 – 17.
- Our Physical Education Department Organized UGC Sponsored Two Day National Conference entitled “Women in Sports – Socio Economic and Cultural Challenges” on 29th & 30th June 2012, collaboration with Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh. The Conference Research Papers Published with ISBN No: 978-81-925374-4-3.
- Our College was secured Osmania University Inter College YOGA Team Championship Winners Five Years and Runner-up Two Years.
- The AMS Arts & Science College is the First Affiliated College of Osmania University to Introduce the Three Months Certificate Course in YOGA Education (C. Y. Ed) as Career Oriented Course for all the Degree and P.G Students for the Academic year 2016 – 17..
- From our college 150 students are participated in the Cultural Activities, Opening and Closing Ceremony of the First Afro – Asian Games from October 24th to Nov 1st 2003 held at Hyderabad, Organized by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- From our college 25 students are participated as volunteers in the 4th World Military Games from 14th to 21st October 2007 held at Hyderabad, Organized by Central Government of Defense.
- From our college 10 students are participated as volunteers in the Physical Education Common Entrance Test P.E.CET, 2015- 16 & 2016-17, Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad.
- Our Physical Education Department Celebrated the First and Second International Yoga Day on 21st June for the Academic years 2015 & 2016.
- Dr M. Sridevi Head Dept of Phy Edn, submitted Minor Research Project to the UGC on 19th February 2016, entitled “Attitude towards Physical Education among Women Students in Various Universities in Andhra Pradesh” .
- Conducting Annual Competitions for Degree and P.G Students, Celebrating Sports Day Every year.
- Our Students are participating O.U Inter College Tournaments of various events every year.
- Dr. M. Sridevi Head Dept. of Phy. Edn. Received APJ Abdul Kalam Award on 15th October 2015 by Global Economic Progress & Research Association at Chennai.
- Every year our NCC cadets participating State and National level Camps.
- Attending 10 Days ATC Camps.
- Attending IUC Camps.
- Attending IGC State Camps.
- To apply their education in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Attending Navsainik and RD Chilka National Camps.
- Attending All India Trekking Expedition Camps.
- RD Parade Delhi Camps.
- NCC Cadets are Writing ‘B’ and ‘C’ Certificate Exams every year.
- Attending various programmes as Volunteers.